Thursday, September 18, 2008

Fatal Voyage by Kathy Reichs

I went to the library and someone had finally turned in the last two books I was missing. It was kind of funny as I was reading Fatal Voyage jumping back into the story line. Inspector Ryan and Brennan hadn't officially became an item yet even though they were seeing each other. So when Brennan got back with her Husband for a night, I was shocked because I had been rooting for Inspector Ryan. That combined with Ryan's partner getting killed. All these later books I have been reading it always mentions Ryan working alone after his partner died. I forgot that his partner was still alive in the first couple of books in the series.

I really liked this book as it was somewhat different. Yes Brennan still almost gets whacked in the end. But most of the book is Brennan trying to figure out what is going on as she keeps getting stonewalled in her job and her career almost goes up in smoke. I felt very frustrated all through this book for Brennan. It was almost like she was doing detective work instead of bone detective work.

So for my very own made up back blurb again....Temperance goes to help out with a plane crash. While trying to identify the mangled remains of 88 people, she comes upon a foot that doesn't go with the crash. Everyone one is trying to figure out why the plane came down and then all of a sudden Temperance is kicked out of her job. She is barred from other places and people aren't being helpful. A very weird story comes out in the end.

No comments: