Thursday, December 18, 2008

Forfeit by Dick Francis

I found three books by Dick Francis in a second hand store that I hadn't read yet. Talk about happy! I love this author. Soon I will have almost every book he has written in my personal collection.

This book was fine though it left me feeling a little depressed. Not that the book ended badly. I think it was because of the relationship and circumstances of the main guy and his wife.

When reporter Bert Chechov falls to his death, his colleague James Tyrone is suspicious. Chechov's column had recently recommended some "can't-lose" horses-who then wound up out of the running on race day. Tyrone thinks he can prove it was murder, but he may not live to tell the tale. Because as the dead man has already made clear, there's no such thing as a sure thing...

No comments: