Monday, July 28, 2008

Brethren by Robyn Young

This book was from Borders also. I wasn't sure what to expect but I rather liked it. The book was slow but I found it fascinating reading a story that took place in a different time period. I felt like it's writing was believable in making the time period come alive. I'm trying to think of something more to say about it but nothing comes to mind. (I am writing this a month later even though I post dated the post. I will blame that on not having the freshest memory.) I would read another book by the author.

On the eve of the last crusade, two men's destinies will come together as two great civilizations go to war. Amidst conspiracy and intrigue in Europe, Will Campbell, a young knight, risks his life to recover the stolen Book of the Grail. Hidden within its pages are the heretical plans of a secret society within the Knights Templar. Meanwhile, the former slave Baybars Bundukdari and his army have taken over Egypt and Syria, and are planning a new Holy War to bring the Crusaders to their knees.

No comments: