Friday, February 1, 2008

The Adventurers by Michelle Martin

This book reminded me a bit of Georgette Heyer's 'The Masqueraders'. So I ended up finding myself annoyed while reading it. If I was to choose one book to read I would chose Georgette Heyer's book instead.

The Earl of Northbridge was nobody's fool, but here he was lost in a sea of outrage, embarrassment-and perplexity. How could a woman masquerade as a man...and fool him so cleverly? Worse, how has she managed to coerce him into joining her scheme?

For her part, Isabel was proud of her mastery of disguise. Now she was putting her skills to the ultimate test: She must get her young friend past a snare of murderous characters who mean to keep him from claiming his legacy.

Only too soon did Isabel discover her greatest danger was not her enemies but the earl himself. With his fathomless blue eyes, he seemed to see all her secrets-and there was no way she could mask that she'd fallen hopelessly in love!

No comments: