Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Marriage By Decree by Ellen Fitzgerald

I started out reading a different book but put it down after it became apparent that it would be a painful read. Then I saw this book which is the same author of the last book I read. Since I liked that one quite a lot I was hoping for a nice repeat. While this book wasn't bad I did like 'Julia's Portion' better because it had more adventure in it.

Miss Alice Osborne was newly arrived from America and could not be expected to know the rules of Regency courtship and love. But her ignorance seemed certain to breed folly rather than bliss when she was drawn to not one but two most unsuitable suitors.

One was handsome, gallant Sir Robert St. Aubyn, who would have been a perfect match were he not already pledged to the ravishing Janet Belvoir. The other was the dazzling Lord Ralph Winston, the most infamously irresistible rake in the realm.

A prudent young lady would have steered clear of both. But though the beautiful Miss Osborne had many virtues, prudence was definitely not her strength when it came to romance...

No comments: