Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Deja Dead by Kathy Reichs

This book is from the library. I had a lot of fun reading it. Which is why I am having to read a lot more in this series as you will see coming up. I won't post a picture of the book cover as it is nothing special.

I love the television show BONES and have watched the first and second season. I am waiting for the third season to come out on DVD. I didn't realize that the television show was very loosely inspired by the books. I just happened to be browsing the library shelves and came upon this book whose main heroine is Temperance Brennan. My eyes about bugged out. Other than the name being the same in the show and the book the two are very different. Which makes me very happy so I can enjoy both.

When reading this book there were a couple of sections where I about went crazy reading as there was so much tension. I wanted to put the book down or skip ahead. For me that was some major long tension. I don't think most books succeed in making the mood so edge of the seat gripping.

In the year since Tempe left behind a shaky marriage in North Carolina, work had often preempted her weekend plans to explore Quebec. But when an unidentified female corpse is discovered meticulously dismembered and stashed in garbage bags, Tempe detects an alarming pattern within the grisly handiwork-and she plunges into a harrowing search for a killer in the city's winding streets. With little help from the police, Tempe calls on her expertise, honed in the isolated intensity of the autopsy suite. But her investigation is about to place those closest to her-her best friend and her own daughter-in mortal danger...

No comments: